Whole raw cashews perfect for making nut milk, sauces, baking, or toasting for snacks!
Size: 1 lb
Packaged in a compostable paper bag.
Easy Cashew Milk:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups water, divided*
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey or agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of sea salt
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Soak the cashews in water at least 4 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator. Drain the cashews and rinse until the water runs clear. Add the cashews and two cups water to a blender. Start on a low setting and increase the speed until the cashews are totally pulverized. This could take 2 minutes in a high-powered blender or longer in a regular blender.
- Blend in 2 cups more water*, your sweetener of choice, vanilla extract, sea salt and cinnamon (optional). If your blender can’t totally break down the cashews, strain the milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth. Store the milk in a covered container in the refrigerator. It should keep for 3 to 4 days. (this is our favorite recipe, from cookieandkate!)
Climate Conscious Shipping
No one likes paying for shipping so we're making you feel a little bit better about it by contributing a portion of every shipping fee to our friends at The Ocean Cleanup who are helping us resolve our planet's plastic crisis by pulling tons of plastic out of our oceans and waterways. Until we all become more plastic-free, we need heroes like The Ocean Cleanup to clean it up for us. So know that when you're paying for shipping you're helping to rid our oceans of harmful plastic waste.
We offer FREE shipping on all orders over $75. Otherwise, we charge a flat rate of $7.50 with a portion going to The Ocean Cleanup. We ship throughout the United States using USPS Priority Mail, which means it should get to you in just a few days.
We use compostable and/or recyclable materials to ship products. These include compostable paper tape, reused cardboard boxes, and compostable packing peanuts.
We also offer local pickup at our Geneva, New York retail store. Just choose Pick Up when checking out and we will get your order ready for you!
RETURNS: In our effort to reduce fuel emissions, all shipped website sales are final. Thank you!